Some have said, regarding this crazy election season, “You can’t make this stuff up.” Well, you can, and a number of authors did, and we’re all featured in a great new StoryBundle right now!
I’ll let the bundle’s curator tell you all about it:
Four years ago I published Endgame, about a reality show star running for President. An agent told me, “Way too over-the-top. And totally unbelievable.”
(Which makes me wonder if Mister Trump read it and got the idea to run.)
You can’t argue with reality often being stranger than fiction this year. That said, it’s only fitting that we put together a bundle of political thrillers which are fiction… well, for now, anyway.
These days everything is political… while some of the books in our bundle touch on the race for the Oval Office, politics is not just exclusive to the electoral process. Our bundle kicks off with a classic Pulitzer Prize winner by Allen Drury, Advise and Consent, about the Supreme Court. A timely topic in light of Justice Scalia’s unfilled seat.
Speaking of award winning authors, we’ve got a novel from Hugo & Ellery Queen award winner Kristine Rusch, The Enemy Within, a cool alternate history book set in the turbulent sixties. What if there was yet another assassination of a legendary Washington figure?
New York Times & USA Today bestselling author Joshua Graham offers Latent Image in which a picture is worth more than a thousand words to the Secret Service… and the photographer is worth even more.
Michael D. Britton comes up with some of the most clever plots I’ve ever read. His novel AssassinWare deals with electronic security and might have you disconnecting your computer from the Internet by the time you’re halfway through the book.
You’ll also find riveting stories on everything from contract killers to submarines, all with political intrigue. I love a good page-turner, and trust me, these books hit the ground running.
So if you need a break from the strange reality of the 2016 election, our political thriller bundle should be just the ticket. Our “campaign” runs through election day, and in this case, I think we’ve got ten winners. I promise no TV ads, no robo-calls, no direct mail appeals for money. I only ask that you read early, read often.
I’m Nick Harlow, and I approved this bundle. – Nick Harlow
The initial titles in the Political Thriller Bundle (minimum $5 to purchase) are:
- ENDGAME by Nick Harlow
- AssassinWare by Michael D. Britton
- Latent Image by Joshua Graham
- Winter Dragon by Henry Martin
- Advise & Consent by Allen Drury
If you pay more than the bonus price of just $15, you get all five of the regular titles, plus five more:
- The Brokered Convention by Nick Harlow
- Swap Out! by M. L. Buchman
- The Enemy Within by Kristine Kathryn Rusch
- Sara X by Donald A. Shinn
- Decision by Allen Drury
This bundle is available only for a limited time via http://www.storybundle.com/politics. It allows easy reading on computers, smartphones, and tablets as well as Kindle and other ereaders via file transfer, email, and other methods. You get multiple DRM-free formats (.epub and .mobi) for all books!
It’s also super easy to give the gift of reading with StoryBundle, thanks to our gift cards – which allow you to send someone a code that they can redeem for any future StoryBundle bundle – and timed delivery, which allows you to control exactly when your recipient will get the gift of StoryBundle.
Why StoryBundle? Here are just a few benefits StoryBundle provides.
- Get quality reads: We’ve chosen works from excellent authors to bundle together in one convenient package.
- Pay what you want (minimum $5): You decide how much these fantastic books are worth to you. If you can only spare a little, that’s fine! You’ll still get access to a batch of exceptional titles.
- Support authors who support DRM-free books: StoryBundle is a platform for authors to get exposure for their works, both for the titles featured in the bundle and for the rest of their catalog. Supporting authors who let you read their books on any device you want—restriction free—will show everyone there’s nothing wrong with ditching DRM.
- Give to worthy causes: Bundle buyers have a chance to donate a portion of their proceeds to Mighty Writers and Girls Write Now!
- Receive extra books: If you beat the bonus price, you’ll get the bonus books!
StoryBundle was created to give a platform for independent authors to showcase their work, and a source of quality titles for thirsty readers. StoryBundle works with authors to create bundles of ebooks that can be purchased by readers at their desired price. Before starting StoryBundle, Founder Jason Chen covered technology and software as an editor for Gizmodo.com and Lifehacker.com.
So…I’m pretty floored to be in such fabulous company in this bundle. Please do share this with all your reader friends who enjoy a good political thriller…there’s lots to enjoy here!